Playing a board game with your friends or families can be the greatest joy in the holiday. But, it can also be a burden once you have done playing it. It requires some space to be stored and it can be crushed if you don’t pay attention when storing it. Don’t worry, you can always make this easy mounted storage to save your favorite board game.
- Hammer or nail gun
- Finishing nails
- 3M sticky back hooks
- Miter saw
- Table saw
- Spray paint
- Game board
- 1” x 4” wood board
- Ziploc bag
- ½” screw hooks
- Hole punch
- Before making the mounted storage, you firstly need to measure your favorite board game you want to store. Measure the width and the length, and add an inch when cutting the wood board later. Take, for example, the board game measures 21” x 15” and to make the mounted storage, you will need to cut two boards 16” x 1 ½” and 2 boards 22” x 1 ½”.
- Once you have got the board for the mounted storage, you will now create a dodo to make the board game fit inside. You will need to cut the board and set the fence at 3/8” from the edge of the blade. Lower about ¼” above the table and now the bade will be thick enough to make the board game fit inside.
- Cut the board using a miter saw and make sure you cut 45-degree angle at both ends. Paint the boards using spray paint of your choice. Wait until the paint dries before moving to the next step. If you use spray paint that takes longer to dry, it is better to leave it overnight to let the paint set.
- Prepare your game board and place it on the dodo of each board. Assemble the boards on its place and secure it with finishing nails. If you want a smoother finish, you can also apply some spray paint over the nails. If you cannot make the dodo, you can assemble the boards together and glue the board game on it. Take your game board and attach some sticky back hooks at the back of the game board. You can also add a board underneath the game board to make the platform stronger. Gather the small parts of the board game and place them on a Ziploc bag. Make a hole with a hole punch and attach the Ziploc bag on the hooks. In some cases, you will need to prepare more than one Ziploc bag to keep the bulk down. It is very important so that the board game will hang flush on the wall.
- Take the ½” screw hooks and install it to board. Make sure you attach the screw hooks on the outside part of the board. the wall you want to hang the boards in. Hang the mounted storage on the wall and take it out later when you want to play it with your friends or families.