Do you need a new addition to the entryway of your house? Well, this project of making entryway storage chest is a great idea. Not only will you get new furniture, you will also get additional storage to store your favorite things. It is easy to make. The materials are also easy to find. Check out how to make it below:
- Take all the pieces of the chest and attach them with Pocket Hole System from Kreg Jig K4. Attach the pieces using pocket hole screws along with wood glue. Repeat the process until you make the attachment for both sides of the chest.
- Still using the Hole System of Kreg Jig K4 along with wood glue, attach the side piece of the chest to the 15 ½” plywood sheets. Then, attach the support pieces to all four corners.
- Install the sheet of the bottom plywood (the 38 ½” x 15 ½”) to the assembly of the chest and secure the attachment using the Hole System of Kreg Jig K4 on the ¾ setting. Secure the attachment with 1 ¼” pocket hole screws along with wood glues.
- Continue the assembly by attaching the 2×2 (17 ¼”) side leg braces to the 14” middle leg braces and then securing them using 1 ¼”pocket hole screws and wood glue.
- Make the assembly of the 1×1 (14”) middle piece by attaching the middle leg braces to the 2×2 (8 ¾”) side leg braces with the hole system of Kreg Jig K4. There are different setting of the hole system used in this step. For the 2×2, you need to use the 1 ½” setting and 2 ½ pocket hole screws, whereas for the 1×1, you need to use the ¾” setting and 1 ¼” pocket holes screws. Secure the attachment using pocket hole screws and wood glue.
- Connect all of the three pieces together by attaching the two end pieces to the 1×1 (40”) support pieces with the same Hole System of Kreg Jig K4 on the ¾ setting. Secure the attachment and assembly using 1 ¼”pocket hole screws that are attached along with the wood glue. After that, screw the 40” support pieces to the middle leg that functions as the support.
- Attach the chest’s bottom half to the box that is already assembled. Then secure the attachment using 2” wood screws. Look at the picture below to see how it is done.
- Make the assembly of the chest top of the storage with the same hole system on the ¾ setting. Secure the assembly using 1 ¼” pocket hole screws that are attached along with the wood glue. After that, attach lid support hinges underneath the chest. Next, attach the assembly to the storage chest and attach the piano hinges to the chest’s back.