The marble run is a fun game that will entertain your kids. But, it requires hard work to make and you will need to install it well to make the marble runs. The good news is, you can always make magnetic marble run and you can attach it to your fridge door as a surface.
- 75-inch ceramic magnets
- Suction cups
- ¾ inch PVC elbows and T-joints
- ¾ inch PVC pipe
- 1” outside diameter and ¾” inside diameter clear vinyl tubing
- Hot glue
- Craft sticks
- E6000 glue
- Decorative tape (optional)
- Cut the PVC pipe and clear vinyl tubing in various sizes. It is very important because making the same size won’t make the game more interesting. Attach some PVC elbows and T-joins in some of the pipes. Those pipes will be the connecting tracks with other pipes and they can also be the final track to catch the marble so that it won’t fall to the ground.
- After you have assembled the pipes, you need to attach the ceramic magnets to the pipes with the hot glue gun. However, it can be a little bit hard because the pipes don’t have a flat surface. All you need to do here is to cut the craft sticks in half and glue it to the PVC elbows using E6000 glue. By doing so, you can easily attach the magnets to the pipes. You can also use suction cups for the pipes. The suction cups will be easier to install on the pipes and they will provide studier attachment. However, the pipes with suction cups will be quite hard to move around compared to the one with magnets.
- Make additional tacks for the marble by attaching some craft sticks together. Use 4 craft sticks and attach them together with glue guns. Attach 2 ceramic magnets at the back part and it will be the best track for the marble, especially in a small space.
- The pipes and the craft sticks can be a little bit boring for the kids, but you can always ask them to decorate the pipes and the craft sticks with decorative tape. Just wrap the pipes and the craft sticks around with the decorative tape and you will have colorful tracks for the marble. But, you need to note that you cannot cover the magnets and suction cups because it will be hard to attach later on. Or, to make it easier, you can attach the magnets and the suction cups after you decorate the pipes and the craft sticks with decorative tape.
- Before using the tracks for this game, you need to make sure that the glue is dried enough. You can leave it overnight so that it can completely dry. Assemble the tracks on the fridge door and try to run the marble on it. If the pipes or the craft sticks keep falling down while you run the marble on it, you need to consider changing the magnets to the stronger one to withstand the weight of the marble.